Custom Website Design
Nowadays, small, or medium-sized businesses are inclined to use Content Management Systems (CMS) to design their websites. The advantage of CMS’s is that it allows you to easily update the content of your website. When it comes to Web Design, WordPress has free web design templates for your business. As a result, the following question comes to mind: Is a free WordPress web design the right solution for your business? Or Is a Custom Website Design better?
Free WordPress templates
The main advantage of using free WordPress template is cost. If you are on a tight budget, then this is a solution for you.
At the same time, these templates can be implemented in a short amount of time (because they are already built). Nonetheless, you still need to take the time to modify the template and add your information.
Although this solution is free and will allow you to have your website up and running very quickly, there are the side effects with this approach. One disadvantage is that your website will have multiple security vulnerabilities. If the template is not updated frequently, hackers can download the code, inspect it, and find different ways to hack your website. If you are planning to store information about your customers, a secure website should be at the forefront of your priorities.
Another disadvantage is that other websites will have the same look as yours. Since templates are free, everybody can use them. As a result, the following questions come to mind:
- Do you want a website that will have a unique website design?
- is it acceptable that your website design looks the same as many others?
- Will your customers take you seriously?
As a business, these are all questions that you will have to consider when you are evaluating using a free WordPress template.
Custom Website Design
Certainly, a custom website design is not free (although at Isaacs Software we provide very competitive prices on custom websites). Nonetheless, the advantages of having a custom website design are numerous:
- Your website will be unique and designed based on your specifications.
- Your brand will be taken seriously – as a customer, would you consume a product or request a service from a company with a free website? (or with a web design that you have seen somewhere else)
- Your web designer will have control of everything from security, to Search Engine Optimization (SEO), designing an efficient database, etc.
Undecided? Feel free to contact us
At Isaacs Software we create different types of websites: static websites, custom web designs, WordPress websites, and web applications. We also provide other services: SEO, desktop applications, and many more for companies or individuals in the Kitchener, Waterloo, and Toronto area. If you want our experts to create your website, feel free to contact us.